Listings without a sponsor account (No Owner) associated with a listing can use the claim feature (Claim this ad link will show up on the front of the directory for listings with no owner).
If the Claim this ad link is available on the front area, any sponsor, visitor or new user can claim the listing. After a user claims a listing the sitemgr can either deny their claim to the listing or approve it. The sitemgr's approval gives the user full control over the listing.
If the listing does not have an account and it is not available to claim, you can edit the listing and check the box Disable claim feature for this listing. The Claim this ad link will be turned off for this listing.
If the sponsor or sitemgr forgets to upload an image to an item, to the gallery or another image field, the Default Image is used.
Make sure that your data columns match the sample .csv format provided. All fields are required (even if they have no data in them) for the import to function correctly.
The same as above, if any columns are missing from the .csv file the import will not function correctly, please leave them all intact.
Yes, you must use the format of the sample .csv. The data fields in the .csv that you upload must be in the same order as the sample template format. If the data is not in the correct order your data will not be imported correctly.
If you want each item to have its own account then each item (row) in the .csv file will need a different account username entered. If multiple items have the same account associated with them in the .csv file they will be imported to the same account. If you plan on uploading many items into a single account we suggest doing a separate import for those imports and using the import settings to set the import to single account import.
Please be specific when you are spelling text for your location fields. For example, if you import two items for the State of New York, and on a item you write NewYork, and on the other one you write New York, both States will appear in the advanced search dropdowns in the directory and each would need to be updated with your meta information for each location.
Please be specific when you are spelling text for your category fields. If an item has the Arts & Entertainment category and the other one has Arts and Entertainment, both categories will appear in the item search dropdown fields, in the item browse by category area, and in the browse categories area on your item results pages.
Each item can have up to 5 categories imported. It will not import more than 5 categories.
Invalid Usernames/Passwords will not be imported. Usernames need to be a valid e-mail between 4 and 80 characters with no spaces. Passwords need to have a minimum of 4 characters and maximum of 50 characters, we do not allow special character. If you are trying to import multiple items to the same account but are using different passwords for each row in your .csv file the import for the additional items will have problems. You may find it easier to use the Import Settings to upload multiple items to the same account.
If the username field is empty, the item will be imported without an account. That means that the item has no owner. If you are importing listings, this is a quick and easy way to use the claim feature on listings.
The import will add the new items to database without deleting existing items. The friendly url will be different for each new item.
NOTE: If you want the data to be updated instead of creating new rows, you must check the option Overwrite matching items from within the import settings. The field Listing ID (or Event ID) in your CSV file must match with the value in your eDirectory database.
The minimum amount of information that is required is the Title. All other fields can be blank in your .csv file.
To use the claim listing feature, do not assign a listing to a specific account. When doing the .csv import leave the columns related to member account information blank.
You can roll back a finished or stopped import. All the accounts and items imported will be removed, but for security reasons the categories and locations imported will remain in the directory database. A task will be scheduled to roll back your data.
To rollback imported data, click on the Rollback button on the Import Log tab and follow the rollback process.
Note: Be sure to click on the Rollback button and not the delete icon (this just removes the import log record, not the data. Once the log file is removed, the data can not be rolled back, so be careful here).
When using Delete Log button, data will not be removed from the directory. The specific log will be removed, but the data from the import will remain in the directory database.
Listing Badges allow you to designate listings with certain images of your choice. For example, if you want to mark a listing as Editor's Choice, you can upload your own icon, and mark (on the listing form) the listings you want to display the icon. You can also give members access to select the badges themselves by checking the box. For example you may want a Pet Friendly option that members can use to add to their listings.
With the listing types you can modify the listings detail styles.
PS: This feature isn't available for themes Real Estate and Dining Guide.
At the site manager area you can see the general data (related to all sites) at the top menu. And the data for each specific site you can see at the left menu, by changing the site at the drop-down list.
You can charge an additional price per listing type, select the detail layout, rename common fields (example: Restaurant Name instead of Listing Title), add new fields (checkboxes, dropdowns, text fields, short description fields and long descritpion fields) and select which of them will be required.
PS: This feature isn't available for themes Real Estate and Dining Guide.
Only the diamond listing/event level has the video feature by default. You can enable video for others levels by going to Settings - Manage Levels.
To add video to an item, you need to insert the video embed code in the item form in the Video Snippet Code field.
On the Import Settings tab in the Settings area of the sitemgr, you can setup some import options:
1. Import CSV comes from an Export: If you previously did an export from the import / exporter on your eDirectory installation - please check this box.
2. Enable all imported items as Active: Rather than having imported item in pending mode (so you can check them over and add data) this check box will make all imported items instantly active on the site.
3. Overwrite matching items: If you want to update an existing item in your eDirectory you must check this option. For an item to be considered a match the following field must be identical on the imported .csv file and the database: Listing ID/Event ID.
4. Update friendly URL's for matching items: It is strongly recommended that this option be left unchecked. If we find a record in the .csv file with a matching Listing ID/Event ID when compared to an existing record in the database, we will update that item with the new data (as detailed above), but with this option on we will also rewrite the URL based on the item title. If you have content that has been indexed by google, this content will cease to be reachable from the search engines until they update their data - this can take a day or months. Use Carefully.
5. All new categories set to featured: All categories that are imported will be automatically set to featured.
6. Default level for items without level specified: For all items with no level specified in the .csv file, you can choose a level here..
7. Import all items to the same user account: Everything in the .csv file will be attached to a single user account. After ticking this box, a dropdown will appear só that an account can be selected.
Go to the Email Notifications section and click on the active icon of the email you want to disable.
The google maps feature is automatically enabled when you fill out the location fields on all items forms.
The Sign me in automatically is optional, it saves your username and password on your computer and every time you access the page you will be automatically logged in.
If you forget your password, please click on the 'Forgot your Password?' link of the front of the directory or on the sponsor login page. The password recovery email will be sent to the email address provided from your Contact Information. The email will contain a link which will redirect the user to the 'Manage Account' section, where the password can be updated.
After you are logged in, click on 'Manage account' > 'Account Settings' link, you will see the Current Password field, type your current password in this field and your new password on the fields Password and Retype Password, then hit the submit button.
Yes, you can do that by going to 'Manage account' > 'Account Settings' and typing your new e-mail.
Yes, you can. If your item is active you can change it to suspended and vice versa. You cannot change the pending status of any item.
Yes, you can. After your item is expired you can choose the level (if it is free you can change the level anytime) and pay for it.
No, you cannot. The deal is related to the listing categories you choose.
With the Click to Call & Send to Phone feature your directory can send text messages to the users with the main information about your listing. Also, the users can contact directly the listing owners just clicking in the Click to Call button. You just need to create a Twilio account and upgrade it after you finish your free credits.
Yes. In order to add any item, including Free items, to the directory you must have an account.
To sign up as a sponsor go to the 'Advertise With Us' link at top menu, select an item and level and click in 'SIGN UP' button. Fill out all fields, write down your username and password for future reference, choose the best payment gateway for you and follow the steps to finish the process. To sign up as a visitor go to 'CREATE YOUR PROFILE' at top of site, fill out all fields and click in 'SUBMIT'.
Only Listings from levels with detail view enabled appear as Featured Listings, and they are then randomly rotated.
If you attempt to access your account and type in an incorrect password 5 times the account will lock for 1 hour. This is for security reasons.
If you don't already have a Facebook App ID and App Secret for your site, create an application with the Facebook Developer application. Note: Even if you have created an application and received an App Secret, you should review steps 4 through 7 and make sure your application settings are appropriate.
1. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps and click in + Create New App to create a new application.
2. Enter a name for your application in the App Display Name field.
3. Agree to the Facebook Platform Policies, then click Continue.
4. Enter the Security Check words, then click Submit.
5. On the Settings tab > Basic, take note of the App ID and App Secret, you'll need this shortly.
6. Still on the Settings tab, click on Website and set Site URL to the top-level directory of the site which will be implementing Facebook Connect (this is usually your domain, e.g. http://www.example.com , but could also be a subdirectory). If your site is going to implement Facebook Connect across a number of subdomains of your site (for example, http://foo.example.com and bar.example.com), you need to enter a App Domain (which would be example.com in this case).
7. You can include a logo that appears on the Facebook Connect dialog. On the Settings tab > Basic, click Edit on the image next your App Name and browse to choose an image file. Your logo must be in JPG, GIF, or PNG format. If the image is larger than 75x75 pixels, it will be resized and converted, then click Save Changes.
8. Copy the App ID and App Secret and paste it on Setting > Sign In Options of your directory.
Para habilitar o PagSeguro no seu diretório, você precisa de uma conta de vendedor ou empresarial no PagSeguro. Siga os passos abaixo para criar e configurar sua conta.
1. Vá até a página de cadastro do PagSeguro em https://pagseguro.uol.com.br/registration/registration.jhtml;
2. Digite seu e-mail e senha e escolha um tipo de conta (Vendedor ou Empresarial);
3. Informe seus dados pessoais/empresariais, verifique os termos de contrato do PagSeguro e clique em 'Continuar';
4. Você receberá um e-mail para confirmar sua conta;
5. Após a confirmação da conta, você precisa configurá-la para integrá-la ao seu diretório. Faça login e clique no menu 'Integrações' - 'Token de segurança';
6. Clique em 'Gerar novo Token' e tome nota do código;
7. Vá até o menu 'Integrações' - 'Página de redirecionamento', selecione a opção 'Ativado' e ative a URL: http://www.meudiretorio.com.br/members/billing/processpayment.php?payment_method=pagseguro , substituindo www.meudiretorio.com.br para a URL do seu diretório. Essa é a URL onde os usuários serão redirecionados após um pagamento;
8. Vá até o menu 'Integrações' - 'Notificação de transações', selecione a opção 'Ativado' e ative a URL: http://www.meudiretorio.com.br/members/billing/pagseguroreturn.php , substituindo www.meudiretorio.com.br para a URL do seu diretório. Certifique-se que a URL foi informada corretamente, caso contrário o PagSeguro não irá retornar os dados das transações para seu diretório;
9. Volte à interface administrativa do seu diretório e informe sua Conta (seu e-mail cadastrado no PagSeguro) e Token. Lembre-se de atualizar o campo 'Símbolo da moeda' para R$ e 'Moeda de Pagamento' para BRL.
10. Clique em 'Enviar' para habilitar o PagSeguro no seu diretório.
-Lembre-se de atualizar o token de segurança no seu diretório sempre que gerar um novo token no Pagseguro;
-Para que seus usuários possam fazer pagamentos com cartão de crédito, sua conta no PagSeguro precisa ser verificada. Leia mais em https://pagseguro.uol.com.br/account/viewCheck.jhtml ;
-O PagSeguro envia os dados de uma transação para o diretório sempre que o status é alterado. Note que as formas de pagamento (cartão, boleto bancário, etc), possuem diferentes prazos para liberação do pagamento.
In banner level cases, all items already registered of this level will keep showing on the front of the directory until their expiration. Otherwise these items will be treated as the 'default level', however, the search order priority and the featured area priviliges will be the same as the disabled level.
If you enable featured category on Setting - Featured categories, only the selected module will show the featured checkbox when adding or editing a category. This box enable the category to be seen in Browse by category and it's only available for the levels that appear on front - category and subcategory. When adding a category through import all new categories will come checked if this option is turned on in Import Settings.
PS: This feature isn't available for the theme Dining Guide.
Yes. There's a feature on Site Content in the General Section so you can edit how maintenance page will show up when the Maintenance Mode is on.
When you turn on maintenance mode, all the front pages are redirected to the maintenance page.
No. If the directory already has items assigned to a level, it can´t be disabled. You also can´t choose a Default Location if there are items from different locations for that level. Also, you can´t enable a Location Level if there are child levels enabled and non assigned items to that level you are trying to enable. For example: if the directory is using country, state and city, and there are items registered, you can enable neighborhood, but you can´t enable region because in this case the system will not have regions and states assigned. So, is extremely important decide your locations options before inserting data in directory.
In setting locations, choose the option “No Default” in the select box that is holding the Default Location you don´t want anymore.
When a default location is chosen, the option “show default” becomes available. When you enable it, the default location will be shown in all places that locations are shown, for example, in the summary and detail views for items. Otherwise the default location will be hidden.
This is where you choose the location levels you want to use within the directory. With this form you will also have the option to choose default locations and whether or not they will be illustrated on the front of the directory.
There are five Locations Levels available: Country, Region, State, City and Neighborhood. Select which you want to use by checking the “enable” checkboxes for each level.